Google+ is a social media network that is tied to a Google account and linked with other Google sites (YouTube, etc). The most common trademark issues around Google+ are using the We Buy Houses marks in the page title, page URL, or page content.
Here are instructions on how to resolve each of those issues.
Change a Google+ Page Title
To change the title of a Google+ page, open the page while logged in with your Manager account and click on the title (near the top left of the page). When you click on the title, it will give the option to change it. (There is a limit of 3 title changes per year – be sure your new title does not infringe on any trademarks!).
Change Google+ Custom URLs
If you’ve set up a Google+ Custom URL (e.g. www.google.com/+WeBuyHouses) Google does not allow you to change it. Unfortunately, that means if the custom URL you’ve selected for Google+ contains the We Buy Houses trademarks, the only options are to shut the page down entirely, or to transfer the page ownership to We Buy Houses.
Transfer Google+ Page Ownership
- The first step is to invite We Buy Houses to manage of the page. Access your page management options by selecting Pages from the Google+ main navigation and clicking “Managers”. Click “Add Managers” and invite the account social at webuyhouses.com.
- Once we’ve accepted the invitation, Google requires a 2 week waiting period.
- Once the waiting period is up, you can transfer ownership of the page. Return to the Manager screen on the page, and next to the word “Manager” under the We Buy Houses account, click the small down arrow. There will be an option that says “Transfer Ownership to We Buy Houses”.
Delete the Google+ Page
If you want to delete your Google+ page entirely, here are the steps.
- Make sure you’re using Google+ as your page.
- Choose Dashboard from the left-hand Google+ navigation menu and select Settings from the top of the Dashboard.
- Click Delete page at the bottom of the settings page.
- Confirm that you want to delete that page.
Change Google+ Content
Content items posted on Google+ are easily removed by hovering the mouse over a post (or photo/video/etc.) and clicking the small down arrow that appears in the top right corner of the post. A menu will appear with the option to delete the post (or photo/video/etc.)